Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
2016/2017 school year programs are accepting applications for the following part time positions at 1 of the 5 elementary schools:
- Before and After School Site Director (PDF)
- Before and After School Assistant Site Director (PDF)
- Before and After School Program Leaders (PDF) (Multiple Positions)
2016/2017 school year is accepting the following part time position in the preschool program
Youth and/or Adult Basketball Referee
We hire multiple referees for our basketball season each year. They are an extremely important part of our basketball community as they help build and maintain the foundation for all participants to have a successful season. If you are interested in refereeing this season, please complete a referee packet and submit to Sarah Robinson, Recreation Supervisor
2017 Aquatic Summer Positions
Have the best summer while at work! We have multiple seasonal full time, part time and sub positions available for the following positions. Competitive hourly pay rate depends on the positions and will be discussed further during interviews.
For those who are selected for an interview, will receive a phone call to set up an interview between March 8, 2017- April 30, 2017.
There are multiple mandatory staff dates and one full weekend. These dates will be announced during the interview.
Water Safety Instructor * requires American Rec Cross Certification- must obtain on your own
Lifeguard * requires American Rec Cross Certification- must obtain on your own
Maintainer ( age requirement of 18+)
Please complete an employment application (PDF) and submit with a resume to:
- Before & After School Program c/o Shelby Kosa, Recreation Supervisor
- Preschool Program c/o Shelby Kosa, Recreation Supervisor
- VMP/Aquatics c/o Keri Apt, Assistant Parks & Recreation Director
- Weekend/Weeknight Supervisor Keri Apt, Assistant Parks & Recreation Director
- Summer Camps c/o Lauren Bent, Recreation Supervisor
- Volunteer Opportunities c/o Cheryl Gerber, Recreation Supervisor
150 Nevers Road
South Windsor, CT 06074
Make a difference and volunteer with us! Help out and have fun with us at many of our events during the year! Once the application is received and reviewed, you may be called for a brief interview. Please allow 2 weeks for application process and interview set up.
Please complete a volunteer application and submit to Cheryl Gerber, Recreation Supervisor
Volunteer Youth Basketball Coach
If you would like to commit your time positively impacting one of our 3rd grade - 12th grade youth basketball teams this season, please complete a coaches application and submit to Sarah Robinson, Recreation Supervisor