Can Flippin Brew Jays ready to compete!
Winner of the 2nd Annual Home Run Derby
Alliance Insurance up to bat
Tommy Strong wins 2018 registration for the team
Code of Conduct
The purpose of the South Windsor Parks and Recreation Code of Conduct, to be followed by every participant, is to emphasize good sportsmanship, proper conduct, and full compliance with the rules and policies. These expectations apply to all players, officials, and spectators and is based on the following principles of sportsmanship:
- Know the rules and abide by them.
- Be generous when you lose.
- Be gracious when you win.
- The South Windsor Parks and Recreation Department will not tolerate negative remarks or gestures to the opposing team, the officials, spectators, or employees of the South Windsor Parks and Recreation Department.
- It is expected that the players will do their best at all times to avoid negative remarks to any player, official, spectator, employee, or captain, and act in a sportsmanlike manner always, win or lose.
- It is expected that the players will play and not officiate the game.
- All participants and spectators shall treat one another and all other people with dignity and respect.
- Follow all facility rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of the town. The field should be trash free upon leaving the park.
League runs from Mid May through late August. Regular season games are played Monday through Thursday with Friday rain make ups at Rye Street Park (440 Rye Street, South Windsor). Game times are 6:15pm, 7:30pm, 8:45pm. At the completion of the 14 game regular season, each team is invited to participate in our tournament and home run derby.
FeeA nonrefundable $100 deposit is due to secure a spot in the league by April 18th. League fee is $725 (deposit will be applied towards fee). Full fee is to be paid in full by first game. Fee includes new game balls and umpire fees for the season.
Notice for Coed Teams
Females are welcome to join teams. The South Windsor Parks and Recreation Softball League plays under traditional men's league rules.
Season Mandatory Captain's Meeting
The mandatory season meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. on March 28, 2018 at the new South Windsor Parks and Recreation Department location at the former Wapping School (91 Ayers Road). All interested teams and individual players looking to get picked up by a team should attend. We do not place individuals on teams. A $100 deposit will be required to reserve a spot for your team. Deadline to join the summer 2018 league is April 18, 2018.
IndividualsWe do not place individuals on teams. If you are interested in joining a team, please email email@example.com with your contact information and any information that might be helpful to a team (position played, experience, skill level, 'A' or 'B' division preference). We will send the information to the captains.
For more information email Sarah Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-648-6353.