Code of Conduct
The purpose of the South Windsor Parks and Recreation Code of Conduct, to be followed by every participant, is to emphasize good sportsmanship, proper conduct, and full compliance with the rules and policies. These expectations apply to all players, officials, and spectators and is based on the following principles of sportsmanship:
- Know the rules and abide by them.
- Be generous when you lose.
- Be gracious when you win.
- The South Windsor Parks and Recreation Department will not tolerate negative remarks or gestures to the opposing team, the officials, spectators, or employees of the South Windsor Parks and Recreation Department.
- It is expected that the players will do their best at all times to avoid negative remarks to any player, official, spectator, employee, or captain, and act in a sportsmanlike manner always, win or lose.
- It is expected that the players will play and not officiate the game.
- All participants and spectators shall treat one another and all other people with dignity and respect.
- Follow all facility rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of the town. The gym should be trash free upon leaving the school.
Games are played from early October through mid March. All games are played on Thursday nights at the Timothy Edwards Middle School (100 Ayers Road, South Windsor, CT 06074).
League fee is $580 per team.
Teams may register until September 14, 2018. Teams may register at the mandatory captain's meeting.
Mandatory Captain's Meeting
The South Windsor Parks and Recreation Department will hold a mandatory captain's meeting on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. at the new South Windsor Parks and Recreation Department at the former Wapping School - 91 Ayers Road (adjacent to South Windsor High School).
All team representatives should attend this meeting. League rules and logistics are discussed and registrations are accepted. Individuals looking to get picked up by a team should attend this meeting as a way to meet captains and hopefully join a team. We do not place individuals on teams.
We will accept new teams if there are openings in the league. Please attend the Captain's meeting to be prepared to register in an open slot. This is a first come first served basis, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest for your team and be added to the list.
A $100 deposit is required at the time of registration to ensure your spot in the league. This is non refundable as of September 14, 2018.